Monday, October 10, 2005

navarathiriyum sundalum

i had been busy for a few days preparing for the most colorful festival in india "navarathri". It is the most enjoyed festival in india. we in south, celebrate it by displaying kolu in our homes. we had set the readymade kolu padikattu and arranged the dolls colorfully. All these nine days is a time of great celebration for the kids, who wear colorful costumes and set out to other houses for the most famous "sundal" collection. it brings back my childhood days, when i go out with my other friends to my neighbouing houses, wearing different attires on each day, sing songs, and betting withing ourselves like what sundal will each one give. those are the days. anthal naal ngabagam vanthathe.

2 comments:

Balaji S Rajan said...

I can write a big blog about our Navarathiri. My favourite was Pattani Sundal and I used to accompany my sisters as a security guard. You have made me to think about our past too. Good post. We are missing them nowadays being in Abroad and that is where I am concerned are my children not missing those things... But what to do... probably we can invite each other to Kolu by internet and see other's koly by webcam..... What a shame... The sundal will be missing...

வேதா said...

hi Mr.balaji,
thanks for inviting to ur kolu thro webcam.but i dont have a webcam at home.i tried a lot to upload my kolu's photo in my blog.i promise that i would do it next time.